Saturday, March 26, 2016

Jack' s Last Post by Joe...


People, I  am very sorry to report this to all of you that pass by this spot in the ether. Having never written an obit before, makes me a little nervous, so please bear with me.

Jack Glover, my friend  died last year. Teller of many stories and historical events that date back before most of you were born. He could spin a yarn to lighten the day or relate truths that many people didn't want told.

I have no idea of when Jack was born or where. He wandered into my life sometime in the early seventies.  To many of us, he was ageless. We first met at Wagon Sellers, a building (Jack's Museum) near Sunset or  Alvord TX. on highway 287. A few years later Jack moved his operation to San Antonio not far from the Alamo. I lost track of Jack from time to time, but finally caught up with him, South of Wimberly, Texas. We visited with Jack and took a few pictures of his cowboy museum, listened to some stories and wished I could have walked down that dusty road a little farther with Jack.
Jack, keep the wind to your back, and  as you would say "Keep your Spirit clean" see ya.
joe b

joe.blackburn@flash.net

No comments:

Post a Comment